Choose a city closest to you.
Silicon Valley Spring 2013
Applications: Mar 17, '13
Sessions: Apr 01, '13 - Jul 09, '13
Our vision is to Globalize Silicon Valley by creating and fostering local startup ecosystems in promising markets across the globe. We aim to help launch 1,000 technology companies per year in over 50 cities worldwide.
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is the premier legal advisor to technology and growth enterprises worldwide, as well as the investment banks and venture capital firms that finance them. Over the past four decades, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati has established its reputation by having an unmatched knowledge of its clients' industries and deep and long-standing contacts throughout the technology sector. The firm's legal expertise serves clients at all stages of growth, from venture-backed start-up companies to multibillion-dollar global enterprises. The firm's clients include some of the most recognized names in the technology, retail, life sciences, venture capital, and finance sectors. The firm has offices in Austin, Palo Alto, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, and Washington, D.C.
First Republic Bank and its subsidiaries provide private banking, private business banking and the full range of wealth management services with an emphasis on exceptional relationship-based service and a solid commitment to responsiveness and action.
Ravix Group - Ravix Group Inc.provides seasoned consulting expertise to outsource the finance, human resources, and facilities functions of early-stage and middle market companies so that management can focus on their priorities to increase the value of their company.
Purplepatch Services is a strategy consulting firm offering technology firms Marketing Communications and User Experience Design solutions.
In order to use the FII Site, you must be the age of majority in your jurisdiction and fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations and warranties set forth in these Terms and to abide by and comply with these Terms. You represent that you meet the eligibility requirements in this Section. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of 13, as the FII Site is not intended for children under 13. If you are using or opening an account on the FII Site on behalf of a company, entity, or organization (each, a “Subscribing Organization”), then you represent and warrant that you: are an authorized representative of that Subscribing Organization with the authority to bind such Subscribing Organization to these Terms and agree to be bound by these Terms on behalf of such Subscribing Organization.
2. Privacy Notice
Your privacy is important to FII. FII’s Privacy Notice is hereby incorporated into these Terms by reference. Please read this notice carefully for information relating to FII’s collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information.
3. Modification of the Terms
FII reserves the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms at any time without notice to you. All changes shall be effective immediately. In the event of a material change, we will notify you via e-mail according to your account preferences. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of the FII Site after the posting of changes constitutes your binding acceptance of such changes.
4. FII Site Access
FII grants you permission to use the FII Site as set forth in these Terms, provided that and for so long as (i) you use the FII Site solely for your personal use; (ii) except as expressly permitted or indicated in these Terms, you do not download, reproduce, redistribute, retransmit, publish, resell, distribute, publicly display or otherwise exploit any portion of the FII Site in any medium without FII’s prior written authorization; (iii) you do not alter or modify any part of the FII Site other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the FII Site for its intended purposes; (iv) you do not engage in any of the prohibited uses described below; and (v) you otherwise fully comply with these Terms. The FII Site is controlled and offered by FII from its facilities in the United States of America. FII makes no representations that the FII Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you are accessing or using the FII Site from other jurisdictions, you do so at their own risk and you are responsible for compliance with local law.
5. Ownership; Proprietary Rights
As between the Parties, the FII Site including the content, visual interfaces, interactive features, information, graphics, design, compilation, computer code, products, software, services, FII trademarks and logos, and all other elements of the FII Site that are provided by FII (“FII Materials”) are owned and/or licensed by FII. FII Materials do not include Non-FII Content (as defined below). Except as expressly authorized by FII, you agree not to sell, license, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, create derivative works from, or otherwise make unauthorized use of the FII Site or the FII Materials. FII reserves all rights not expressly granted in these Terms. User shall not acquire any right, title, or interest to the FII Materials, except for the limited rights set forth in these Terms. FII makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy or completeness of any FII Materials.
6. User Submissions
- (a) General. The FII Site may now or in the future permit the submission and posting or linking of media, text, audio and video recordings, photos, commentary or any other content submitted by you and other users, including without limitation any participants, whether students or mentors, in the FII educational program (“User Submissions”), and the hosting, sharing, and/or publishing of such User Submissions. User Submissions are not controlled by FII. FII makes no representations that it will publish or use your User Submissions in any way and may or may not use your User Submissions in its sole discretion. You understand that whether or not such User Submissions are published, FII does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Submissions.
- (b) Grant of Rights. By submitting User Submissions to FII, you hereby grant FII and its affiliates a worldwide, non-exclusive, fully paid-up, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable license, with the right to grant and authorize sublicenses, to use, reproduce, distribute, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, and otherwise exploit your User Submissions in connection with the FII Site and FII’s (and its successor’s) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the FII Site (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels now known or hereafter discovered. You grant FII and its affiliates and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such User Submission if they choose. You also agree to irrevocably waive (and cause to be waived) any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your User Submissions. You also hereby grant to each user of the FII Site a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the FII Site, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform such User Submissions but only to the extent permitted by the functionality of the FII Site and these Terms.
- (c) Your Representations and Warranties Regarding User Submissions. You shall be solely responsible for your own User Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. In connection with User Submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: (i) you own, or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize FII to use, all patent, trademark, copyright, or other proprietary rights in and to any and all User Submissions to enable inclusion and use of User Submissions in the manner contemplated by FII and these Terms, and to grant the rights and license set forth in this Section, and (ii) your User Submissions, FII’s use of such User Submissions pursuant to these Terms, and FII’s exercise of the license rights set forth in this Section, do not and will not: (a) infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (b) slander, defame, libel, or invade the right of privacy, publicity or other property rights of any other person; or (c) violate any applicable law or regulation.
- (d) Prohibited Uses of User Submissions. In connection with your User Submissions, you further agree that you will not publish, post, submit, transmit through or otherwise make available to the FII Site: (i) any falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage FII or any third party; (iii) any material which is unlawful, defamatory, libelous, slanderous, pornographic, obscene, abusive, profane, vulgar, sexually explicit, threatening, harassing, harmful, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive or otherwise objectionable, or which encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law or any right of privacy or publicity, or is otherwise inappropriate; (iv) advertisements or solicitations of business, products, or services; or (v) any material that would be harmful to minors in any manner.
7. Non-FII Content Disclaimer
You understand that when using the FII Site you will be exposed to User Submissions and other third party content or information (together the “Non-FII Content”) from a variety of sources, and that you may be exposed to Non-FII Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable. FII does not endorse any Non-FII Content or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein. Under no circumstances will FII be liable in any way for or in connection with the Non-FII Content, including, but not limited to, for any inaccuracies, errors or omissions in any Non-FII Content, any intellectual property infringement with regard to any Non-FII Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Non-FII Content posted, emailed or otherwise displayed, communicated, transmitted through or in connection with the FII Site, including any information provided by any participant in the FII educational program.
8. Non-Monitoring of Users and Non-FII Content
You understand that you, and not FII, are entirely responsible for all User Submissions that you upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available through the FII Site. FII does not control the Non-FII Content posted by Users or otherwise made available by other persons and does not have any obligation to monitor such Non-FII Content for any purpose. If at any time, FII chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the Non-FII Content, FII nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Non-FII Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Non-FII Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the user submitting any such Non-FII Content. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with the use of any User Submissions or other Non-FII Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, usefulness, or legality of such User Submission or other Non-FII Content.
9. Removal of Non-FII Content
FII and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse to post or remove any Non-FII Content that is available on the FII Site in whole or in part at any time for any reason or no reason, with or without notice and with no liability of any kind.
10. Account Information
If you register you will be asked to provide a password. As you will be responsible for all activities that occur under your password, you should keep your password confidential. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. If you have reason to believe that your account is no longer secure (for example, in the event of a loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure or use of your account ID or password), you shall immediately notify FII at thefunded.spam -at- gmail.com. You may be liable for the losses incurred by FII or others due to any unauthorized use of your account.
12. Prohibited Uses of the FII Site
- (a) As a condition of your use of the FII Site, you hereby represent and warrant that you will not use the FII Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited (including without limitation, the prohibitions in this Section) by these Terms.
- (b) Any use by you of any of the FII Materials and FII Site other than for your personal use is strictly prohibited. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell, distribute, or exploit any portion of the FII Site, use of the FII Site, access to the FII Site, or Non-FII Content obtained through the FII Site, for any purpose other than for your personal use.
- (c) You agree not to use the FII Site if you do not meet the eligibility requirements described in Section 1 above.
- (d) You agree not to defame, harass, abuse, threaten, stalk or defraud users of the FII Site, or collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about users or third parties without their consent.
- (e) You agree not to intentionally interfere with or damage, impair or disable the operation of the FII Site or any user’s enjoyment of it, by any means, including uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, worms, spyware, adware, or other malicious code.
- (f) You agree not to remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the FII Site, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any part of the FII Site, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the FII Site.
- (g) You agree not to attempt to gain unauthorized access to the FII Site, or any part of it, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the FII Site, or any part of it, through hacking, password mining or any other means or interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the FII Site or any activities conducted through the FII Site.
- (h) You agree not to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the FII Site. You agree neither to modify the FII Site in any manner or form, nor to use modified versions of the FII Site, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the FII Site.
- (i) You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the FII Site for any purpose without our express written permission or bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the FII Site.
- (j) You agree not to utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other FII Materials without our express written consent. You agree not to use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing FII’s name or trademarks without our express written consent.
- (k) You agree not to deep-link to the FII Site and will promptly remove any links that FII finds objectionable in its sole discretion. You agree not to use any FII logos, graphics, or trademarks as part of the link without our express written consent.
- (l) You agree not to make unsolicited offers, advertisements, proposals, or send junk mail or spam to other users of the FII Site. This includes, but is not limited to, unsolicited advertising, promotional materials or other solicitation material, bulk mailing of commercial advertising, chain mail, informational announcements, charity requests, and petitions for signatures.
- (m) You agree not to reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the FII Site or any part thereof, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
- (n) You agree not to modify, adapt, translate, or create derivative works based upon the FII Site or any part thereof, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
- (o) You agree not to impersonate another person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
13. Registered Users
Premium Content is for the private, non-commercial enjoyment of Registered Users only. Any other use is strictly prohibited. If you are a Registered User, you agree not to copy, publish, or in any way make available Premium Content to non-Registered Users. To prevent access by multiple users sharing one Registered User’s account, FII reserves the right to limit access for each Registered User to a fixed number of physical locations or machines or to a specific number of simultaneous logons.
14. Dealings with Advertisers
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the FII Site are solely between you and such advertiser. YOU AGREE THAT FII WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS THE RESULT OF ANY SUCH DEALINGS OR AS THE RESULT OF THE PRESENCE OF SUCH ADVERTISERS ON THE FII SITE.
15. Links and Third Party Websites
FII or third parties may provide links on the FII Site to other sites including the content therein (“Reference Sites”). FII has no control over such Reference Sites or content, and therefore makes no claim or representation regarding, and expressly disclaims responsibility for, the accuracy, quality, legality, nature, availability, or reliability of Reference Sites or content linked to by the FII Site. FII provides links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link on the FII Site does not imply our affiliation, endorsement, or adoption of the linked site or any information therein. ACCESS AND USE OF REFERENCE SITES, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION, MATERIAL, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES ON REFERENCE SITES OR AVAILABLE THROUGH REFERENCE SITES, IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Our terms and policies do not govern your use of any site other than the FII Site. You should review applicable terms and policies, including the privacy and data gathering practices, of any Reference Sites.
16. Availability of Service
FII may make changes to or discontinue any of the media, content, or services available within the FII Site or in connection with the FII educational program at any time, and without notice. The media, content or services on the FII Site may be out of date, and FII makes no commitment to update these materials on the FII Site.
17. User Disagreements
You are solely responsible for your involvement with other users of the FII Site. FII reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disagreements between you and other users. FII DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY RELATED TO ANY USER DISAGREEMENT.
- (a) FII. You agree that FII, in its sole discretion and for any or no reason, may terminate any account (or any part thereof) you may have through the FII Site or your use of the FII Site, and remove and discard all or any part of your account or any User Submission, at any time, regardless of whether you are a Registered User. You agree that your access to the FII Site or any account you may have or portion thereof may be terminated without prior notice, and you agree that FII shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any such termination. These remedies are in addition to any other remedies FII may have at law or in equity. No refunds will be given to Registered Users upon such termination.
- (b) User. If you are dissatisfied with the FII Site, please let us know at thefunded.spam -at- gmail.com. Your input is valuable to us. Your only remedy with respect to any dissatisfaction with (i) the FII Site, (ii) any term of these Terms, (iii) any policy or practice of FII in operating the FII Site, or (iv) any content or information transmitted through the FII Site, is to terminate these Terms and your account. You may terminate these Terms at any time by closing your account and discontinuing your use of any and all parts of the FII Site and providing notice of termination at thefunded.spam -at- gmail.com. No refunds will be given to Registered Users upon such termination.
19. Indemnification; Hold Harmless
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless FII, and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates or any related companies (including those which share substantially common ownership), and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of any of them from any and all claims, losses, obligations, damages, liabilities, costs, debt, and expenses (including attorney’s fees) arising out of (i) your use or misuse of the FII Site; (ii) your User Submissions, including FII’s use, display or other exercise of its license rights granted herein with respect to your User Submissions; (iii) your violation of these Terms; (iv) your violation of the rights of any other person or entity, including claims that any User Submission infringes or violates any third party intellectual property rights; (v) your breach of the foregoing representations, warranties, and covenants; and (vi) any unauthorized use of your account not caused by FII. FII reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of FII. FII will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action, or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
20. Disclaimers; No Warranties
- (a) Acknowledgement. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT AS USED IN THIS SECTION 20, THE TERM FII INCLUDES FII’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, AFFILIATES, AND SUBCONTRACTORS.
- (b) No warranties. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, FII DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM FII, THROUGH THE FII SITE OR THE FII EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM, WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN.
- (c) “As is” and “As available” and “With All Faults.” YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE USE OF THE FII SITE AND, IF APPLICABLE, YOUR ENROLLMENT IN THE FII EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM, IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE FII SITE, USER SUBMISSIONS, NON-FII CONTENT, AND ANY OTHER THIRD-PARTY MEDIA, CONTENT, SOFTWARE, SERVICES, REFERENCE SITES, OR APPLICATIONS MADE AVAILABLE IN CONJUNCTION WITH OR THROUGH THE FII SITE AND/OR THE FII EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”, “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
- (d) Website Operation and Non-FII Content. FII DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FII MATERIALS, USER SUBMISSIONS, NON-FII CONTENT, FII SITE, REFERENCE SITE, OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION OFFERED ON OR THROUGH THE FII SITE, THE FII EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM, OR ANY REFERENCE SITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS AND DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY OF THE FOREGOING WILL BE CORRECTED.
- (e) Accuracy. FII DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE FII SITE, THE FII EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM, OR ANY REFERENCE SITES IN TERMS OF CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.
- (f) Harm to Your Computer. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU USE, ACCESS, DOWNLOAD, OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN INFORMATION, MATERIALS, OR DATA THROUGH THE FII SITE (INCLUDING RSS FEEDS) OR ANY REFERENCE SITES AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY (INCLUDING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM) OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF SUCH MATERIAL OR DATA.
21. Limitation of Liability and Damages
- (a) Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL FII OR ITS AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTNERS OR SUPPLIERS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA OR USE OR COST OF COVER) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR THE FII EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM, OR THAT RESULT FROM YOUR USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE FII MATERIALS AND USER SUBMISSIONS ON THE FII SITE OR ANY REFERENCE SITES, THE FII SITE ITSELF, OR ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH FII, EVEN IF FII OR A FII AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- (b) Limitation of Damages. IN NO EVENT SHALL FII OR ITS AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTNERS, LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR YOUR USE OF THE FII SITE (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100 USD) OR FEES (IF ANY) PAID BY YOU IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE CLAIM.
- (c) Reference Sites. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SOLD OR PROVIDED ON ANY REFERENCE SITES OR OTHERWISE BY THIRD PARTIES OTHER THAN FII AND RECEIVED BY YOU THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE FII SITE OR RECEIVED BY YOU THROUGH ANY REFERENCE SITES.
22. Limitations by Applicable Law; Basis of the Bargain
- (a) Limitations by Applicable Law. CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF YOU RESIDE IN SUCH A JURISDICTION, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS. THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF WARRANTIES, REMEDIES, OR LIABILITY CONTAINED IN THESE TERMS APPLY TO YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT SUCH LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS ARE PERMITTED UNDER THE LAWS OF THE JURISDICTION IN WHICH YOU ARE LOCATED.
- (b) Basis of the Bargain. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT FII HAS OFFERED ITS PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, INCLUDING, IF APPLICABLE, ENROLLMENT IN THE FII EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM, AND ENTERED INTO THESE TERMS IN RELIANCE UPON THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH HEREIN, THAT THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH HEREIN REFLECT A REASONABLE AND FAIR ALLOCATION OF RISK BETWEEN YOU AND FII, AND THAT THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH HEREIN FORM AN ESSENTIAL BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN YOU AND FII. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT FII WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE THE FII SITE TO YOU OR, IF APPLICABLE, OFFER YOU ENROLLMENT IN THE FII EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM, ON AN ECONOMICALLY REASONABLE BASIS WITHOUT THESE LIMITATIONS.
23. Digital Millennium Copyright Act Compliance
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof, and believe that any User Submission or other Non-FII Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our copyright agent at thefunded.spam -at- gmail.com with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C § 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- (a) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- (b) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works on the FII Site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works from the FII Site;
- (c) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit FII to locate the material;
- (d) Information reasonably sufficient to permit FII to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- (e) A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- (f) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- (a) Notice. When you visit the FII Site you are communicating with FII electronically. You consent to receive communications from FII electronically. Although FII may choose to communicate with you by regular mail, FII may also choose to communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on the FII Site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that FII provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. FII may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to these Terms, by email, regular mail, or postings on the FII Site. If Notice is by e-mail or mail, it will be provided to the e-mail or regular mailing address provided by you with your account information and it is your responsibility to update such account information for any changes. Notice to you will be deemed given twenty-four hours after email is sent, unless FII is notified that the email address is invalid, and if through postal mail, three days after the date of mailing. You may provide FII with notices only by mail to the address indicated in subsection (l) below.
- (b) Governing Law. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.
- (c) Arbitration. Any dispute between you and FII arising out of or in connection with these Terms, the FII Site and/or the FII educational program shall be resolved solely and exclusively by confidential binding arbitration with the San Jose, California branch of JAMS (“JAMS”) to be governed by JAMS’ Commercial Rules of Arbitration applicable at the time of the commencement of the arbitration (the “JAMS Rules”) and heard before one arbitrator. You and FII shall attempt to mutually select the arbitrator. In the event we are unable to mutually agree, the arbitrator shall be selected by the procedures prescribed by the JAMS Rules. The prevailing party will be entitled to reasonable attorneys’ fees, in addition to any other relief to which that party may be entitled.
- (d) Waiver. A provision of these Terms may be waived only by a written instrument executed by the party entitled to the benefit of such provision. The failure of FII to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- (e) Severability. If any provision of these Terms shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- (f) Assignment. The Terms and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by FII without restriction. Any assignment attempted to be made in violation of these Terms shall be void.
- (g) No Agency. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and FII as a result of these Terms or use of the FII Site. You further acknowledge that by submitting User Submissions or other Non-FII Content, no confidential, fiduciary, contractually implied or other relationship is created between you and FII other than pursuant to these Terms and the terms of any other written agreement entered into between you and FII pursuant to your enrollment in the FII educational program, if applicable.
- (h) Survival. Sections 5, 6, 17, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 and 24 will survive any termination of these Terms or your account whether by you or FII.
- (i) Headings. The heading references herein are for convenience purposes only, do not constitute a part of these Terms, and shall not be deemed to limit or affect any of the provisions hereof.
10. Entire Agreement
These terms and any applicable written agreement executed by you and FII in connection with the FII educational program constitute the entire agreement between you and FII relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes all previous communications, representations, understandings and agreements, either oral or written, between the parties with respect to said subject matter. These Terms shall not be modified except in a writing, signed by both parties, or by a change to these Terms or Guidelines made by FII as set forth in Section 3 above.
YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION BROUGHT BY YOU ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE FII SITE OR THE FII EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
The services hereunder are offered by Founder Institute, Incorporated, located at 548 Market Street #30380, San Francisco, CA 91304, email: thefunded.spam -at- gmail.com.
Last Updated: January 20, 2010