Startup Founder 101
Experienced entrepreneurs Moses Kemibaro (DotSavvy, Dealfish and InMobi) and Munyutu Waigi (Rupu, Ringier Kenya and Umati Capital) will be sharing their experiences and insights of founding and growing a start-up. Johnni Kjelsgaard from GrowthAfrica will elaborate on and discuss investor-investee relationship, investment term sheets and their various aspects.
CEO & Founder, GrowthAfrica
Co-founder, Umati Capital Ltd.
Learn the basics of being a startup founder
2013-09-26, 06:30 PM
The GrowthHub, Cape Office Park, Ring Road Kilimani, Nairobi
Add to Your Calendar
Enrollment for this event is closed.
Questions or Issues? Contact us.
- 5:00 - 5:30pm: Welcome & Registration
- 5:30 - 5:45pm: Introduction – by Ian Lorenzen
- 5:45 - 6:30pm: Creating Success in Mobile & Online Advertisement – by Moses Kemibaro
- 6:30 - 7:15pm: Investors, Entrepreneurs & Terms sheets explained – by Johnni Kjelsgaard
- 7:15 - 8:00pm: Perfecting & Monetizing an Online Offering – by Munyutu Waigi
Who Should Attend:
- Aspiring founders looking to launch a company
- Early-stage founders looking to build a more succesful company
- No service providers please!
Typical discussion topics include;
- The elements of good and bad startup ideas
- The first steps to starting up, including market research, naming, building a financial model, and more
- How to recruit co-founders, employees, and partners
- How to close funding, and manage investors
- And much, much more.
At the end of the session, there will also be a short audience Q&A session, and several attendees will also head to Sierra at Yaya Center for a drink or two.
This event is free to attend. Join us for a fun evening!
We welcome your feedback to improve the Institute. Please contact us using the form below, and we will get back to you promptly.