Making the Leap from Employee to Entrepreneur, with the Founders of Urban Ladder and eDreams Edusoft
|Date:||2014-05-28, 06:32 PM|
|Location:||Microsoft India (R&D) Pvt Ltd, , Vigyan, No 9, Cosmo Lavelle,, Lavelle Road, Bangalore, Karnataka, 560025|
Enrollment for this event is closed. Get updates on new events.
Rajiv Srivatsa, Founder of Urban Ladder
Two years ago, Rajiv Srivatsa left his job as a longtime IT professional from Yahoo and Infosys in Bangalore to launch Urban Ladder. Urban Ladder provies 'Great Furniture. Made Easy', bringing great quality, well designed and highly trust-worthy furniture straight homes across all key pin-codes in India. The company is backed with over $6 million in funding by top tier venture capital firms, like Kalaari Capital and SAIF Partners. Urban Ladder has a curated catalogue of over 1000 products from more than 25 furniture categories, and has a presence in nine cities in India. Learn more about Rajiv at https://www.linkedin.com/in/rajivsrivatsa.
Rajeev Pathak, CEO of eDreams Edusoft
Rajeev Pathak was an IT professional at Wipro Technologies for over 12 years, where he was responsible for business strategy, business development, innovations and business realization. Then, in 2010, Rajeev launched eDreams Edusoft, the maker of the world’s first intelligent and adaptive personal tutor (“FunToot”) for K-12 education. eDream's vision is to help improve life of every student globally through student-centric disruptive technology innovations, leveraging Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning, NLP and Speech processing. The company is highly aclaimed, and won the Bloomberg Pitch Award in 2011-12. Learn more about Rajeev at https://www.linkedin.com/pub/rajeev-pathak/9/34b/5bb.
Who should Attend?
- Anyone who dreams of launching their own company
- Anyone with an idea for a new business either launched inside their employer or independently
- Anyone curious about being an entreprenuer someday
What are some of the Topics?
- What is the difference between being an employee versus being a founder
- What to consider before becoming an entrepreneur
- How do you know when the time is right to quit
- What are the first steps in the entrepreneurial journey
- and more...
What is the Agenda?
- Welcome and Socializing
- Introduction to the Founder Institute
- Talks on Founding a Company
- Question and Answer
- Discussion and Drinks at a Local Bar or Restaurant
This event is free to attend. Join us for a fun evening! For more free startup events, visit http://fi.co/events.
[Business Leap photo from Shutterstock]