Startup Founder 101, with Farhad Timuri
|Date:||2014-05-01, 05:00 PM|
|Location:||Ibtikar ICT Institute , Yaka Tut, Jalalabad Road, Kabul|
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who has an idea for a startup or an early-stage company
- Anyone that is interested in joining a new startup or looking for a co-founder
- Anyone curious about what it is like to build a successful startup
What are some of the Topics?
- What is it like to be a succesful founder
- What are the first setps in an entrepreneurial journey
- How do you know if you have a good or bad idea
- How to recruit initial Co-Founders, employees and partners
- and more...
What is the Agenda?
- Welcome and Socializing
- Introduction to the Founder Institute
- Talks on Founding a Company
- Question and Answer
- Attendee Pitching
- Discussion at a Restaurant
About the Speaker:
Farhad Timuri is the Managing Director of Infrontier, an investment firm focusing on frontier markets and the only dedicated international private equity firm in Afghanistan. He is also a founding team member of Anthemis Group, a highly respected London-based advisory and investment company providing strategy, leadership and capital to early-stage companies with particular focus on financial services. In addition to serving as Managing Director of Infrontier, Farhad is also an executive committee member of the Afghan Professionals Network, acting as their commercial and new ventures adviser. Farhad spent his early career at Credit Suisse in the global M&A team advising corporations in over 15 countries across North America, Europe and Asia operating in a range of industries including retail, consumer, healthcare, media, energy, technology, and financial services. Farhad's areas of expertise include: venture capital investments, mergers and acquisitions, due diligence, and mentoring early-stage companies. Farhad graduated with a first class degree in Biomedical Engineering from Imperial College, London. He speaks English, Dari, Urdu and basic Pashto, French and Spanish.
This event is free to attend. Join us for a fun evening! For more free startup events, visit http://fi.co/events.