The Founder Institute's mission is to empower talented and motivated people to build impactful companies that create one million jobs. This includes talented and motivated people of all backgrounds, and as such, we are committed to narrowing the gender gap in high-tech startups.
Since launching in 2009, we have graduated over 600 female-led companies across six continents.
These Graduates employe thousands of people, have raised over $65 Million in financing, and are building products people love all across the globe. Some highlights include Realty Mogul, Feetz, Wedding Party (acquired by Instacart), Tapgenes, Skimble, Kindara, Enerknol, Rushtix, Cashtivity, Thesis Couture, 2RedBeans, GreenKidCrafts, and many more.
In 2011, we began introducing Fellowships to the top female applicants to the Founder Institute in an effort to boost the number of females launching technology companies. This program led to an immediate 60%+ boost in our number of female Graduates, and in 2017 we are reinvigorating this program in partnership with Girls in Tech, a global non-profit focused on the engagement, education and empowerment of women passionate about technology.
Through the new Girls in Tech Fellowship, all females across the globe can apply to the Founder Institute for free, and the top technical female applicant in each of our 155+ cities will receive free access to our idea-stage accelerator program, office hours with a top female entrepreneur, and other free resources to help them launch a company.
Any motivated female tech entrepreneur, or aspiring entrepreneur, can apply for the Fellowship in any Founder Institute program before that program's Early Application Deadline. A list of programs currently accepting applications is listed below:
- Belgrade, Serbia: Starting on 2017-02-15
- Campinas, Brazil: Starting on 2017-05-16
- Chengdu, China: Starting on 2017-02-28
- Chennai, India: Starting on 2017-03-07
- Chicago, US: Starting on 2017-05-09
- Cincinnati, US: Starting on 2017-04-19
- Curitiba, Brazil: Starting on 2017-04-11
- Florianopolis, Brazil: Starting on 2017-06-05
- Guangzhou, China: Starting on 2017-03-28
- Lima, Peru: Starting on 2017-02-07
- Los Angeles, US: Starting on 2017-02-13
- Madrid, Spain: Starting on 2017-04-13
- Marseille, France: Starting on 2017-05-02
- New Delhi, India: Starting on 2017-02-25
- New York, US: Starting on 2017-03-01
- Ottawa, Canada: Starting on 2017-03-20
- Philadelphia, US: Starting on 2017-05-15
- San Francisco, US: Starting on 2017-04-04
- Shenyang, China: Starting on 2017-03-18
- Shenzhen, China: Starting on 2017-02-11
- South Florida, US: Starting on 2017-04-04
- Stockholm, Sweden: Starting on 2017-03-15
- Tokyo, Japan: Starting on 2017-05-03
- Vancouver, Canada: Starting on 2017-02-01
- Washington DC, US: Starting on 2017-02-27
- Zagreb, Croatia: Starting on 2017-01-24
- Zurich, Switzerland: Starting on 2017-03-07
The Founder Institute is the world's premier idea-stage accelerator and startup launch program. For aspiring and idea-stage entrepreneurs up to the challenge, our comprehensive step-by-step program provides the structure, mentor support, and global network of entrepreneurs needed to start an enduring company. Leaders of the world’s fastest-growing startups have used our program to transition from employee to entrepreneur, test and improve their startup ideas, build a team, get their first customers, raise funding, and more.
This is not about providing special treatment - the majority of applicants to the Founder Institute do not get accepted, and this will always be the case because we employ a quantitative Predictive Admissions Test in our application process. This test was specifically designed, and is constantly calibrated, to identify entrepreneurial personality traits and remove all forms of subjective bias. The Girls in Tech Fellowship program is simply designed to inspire and grow the number of female applicants to our program, which will ultimately lead to more female-founded technology companies across the globe.
Any female who applies and enrolls by the Early Admissions Deadline in their locale is automatically eligible for the Girls in Tech Fellowship. The Institute will then select the most extraordinary, qualified applicant with a technical background for each chapter, and then provide them with a full reimbursement on their Course Fee. The recipient of the Female Founder Fellowship will be recognized as a female with the utmost potential to become a successful technology entrepreneur, and they will be notified within 5 days after the Early Admissions Deadline.
Learn more about the Founder Institute at www.FI.co.